Gateway South – Darlington Upgrade Project
Ausdig has had the privilege to be a part of the Darlington Upgrade project, working with Fulton Hogan, Lainge O’rourke and other major companies.
The Darlington Upgrade Project is a jointly funded project by the Australian and State Government, which will deliver Adelaide’s North-South Corridor as well as an upgrade of approximately 3.3 kilometres of the existing Main South Road. This will include:
- A non-stop motorway between the Southern Expressway and Tonsley Boulevard
- A lowered, non-stop motorway passing underneath Flinders Drive, Sturt Road, Sutton Road/Mimosa Terrace and Tonsley Boulevard
- Grade separation of the Main South Road/Ayliffes Road/Shepherds Hill Road intersection
- Main South Road (at grade) surface roads along both sides of the lowered motorway to provide connections to Flinders Drive, Sturt Road and most local roads
- Full free flow interchange at the Southern Expressway/Main South Road with dedicated ramps providing direct access to the new motorway and Main South Road
2017, The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, Darlington Upgrade Project, viewed Mar 2018
Ausdig’s Work on the Project
Ausdig’s highly competent operators have undertaken bulk earthworks, pile cropping, rock breaking and a number of detailed excavation works using their fully integrated GPS Guided excavators and rockbreakers. This technology allows for a clean and accurate finish within 30 mm to the final trim.
At the beginning of the project, Ausdig provided full night work crews, of operators, labourers, supervisors and machinery to help the project get underway.